Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Big Reveal


I will reveal either I fail or succeed for my behaviour change plan in this post very soon and conclude my behaviour change plan, which also mean this post will be the final post for this blog.


Picture 1# The first blood test result that I taken on the 16th January 2012. 

This picture was taken before my behaviour change plan starts, which was eight weeks ago.


Picture 2# The second blood test result that I taken on the 6th March 2012. 

This picture was taken few days ago.


The pictures are the best evidence to show that I have successfully reduced my low density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) from previously 3.26 to 3.5. The improvement is not that much but at least I managed to reduce. Besides, my high density lipoprotein (good cholesterol) managed to increase from 1.10 to 1.21. I am satisfied with the result. 

Now I can proudly announce to the world that my behaviour change plan is a SUCCESS. :)

There are several reasons behind my successful behaviour change plan.

Firstly is because of having high self - efficacy. The statement "I believe I can" works well on me and not to forget you have to have faith and believe in yourself that you can make it. On top of that, a good end result will be the motivation to push me towards my aim in reducing my LDL. I am too afraid to suffer cardiovascular disease at a young age. 

Second reason is because of social support. They play an essential part in the plan. To be honest, I am a lazy and lack of initiative person. I will never propose myself that I want to have exercise regularly. If is not the pushing and collaboration of peers in accompanying me for badminton session, I would probably laying around at home and waiting for the LDL level to reduce itself. In addition, peers also act as a very good reminder in my McDonald's food consumption. They reminded me and blocked my irrational idea (consuming McDonald's) and that actually work for me. 

Even though I was demotivated in the middle but I managed to follow the plan back. I wish I did not relapsed and follow the plan continuously or else my LDL might be lower than 3.5 today. 

The whole behaviour changing process made me realized that a healthy body indeed needs a lot of patience, efforts, times and also determination. I admit I am not a person that have all the criteria for behaviour change but at least I tried and I succeed. The most important is I took my first step out of my comfort zone which is exercising. 

Lastly, I wish my behaviour change plan carry as long as I can and have a healthy body for the the healthy future. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment